This week in the kitchen, we are whipping up another tasty recipe: Cajun Style Crawfish. If you are cooking for the family, hosting a party, or just need a quick meal idea, you can always find simple mouthwatering recipes RIGHT HERE.
Whether you are “chopping it like it’s hot”, “Whipping it, whipping it real good”, or “letting the good times roll,” we are sure to have fun making new recipes and trying new things…not to mention we have already tested these recipes out for you, so you know it’s bound to be good!
Grab your apron, a cocktail or drink of choice (Check out our Thirsty Thursday recipes) and let’s get started!Ingredients:
- 1 bag live crawfish
- 3 yellow onions
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 head garlic
- 6 lemons
- iodized salt for purging and 1/2 cup for boil
- Louisiana crawfish, shrimp, and crab boil seasoning
- Tony Chachere seasoning
- small red potatoes
- corn on the cob
- green beans
- Purge your crawfish by soaking them in warm water and salt for 10 mins
- Rinse throughly and set aside
- Using a food processor blend together yellow onions, celery, garlic and full lemons.
- Add water to a large pot and toss in a 1/2 cup of salt, Louisiana boil seasoning,and your blend of onions, celery, garlic and lemons. Give everything a good stir and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes, stir and let them simmer for 10 minutes. Next, add the corn and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the crawfish, give everything a good stir and turn the heat off. Cover the pot with a lid and let everything sit for an additional 15 minutes while the crawfish soak up the seasoning.
- Bon Appetite!
Printable Recipe Card