This week in the kitchen, we are whipping up another tasty recipe. Whether you are cooking for the family, hosting a party, or just need a quick meal idea, you can always find simple mouthwatering recipes RIGHT HERE. Whether you are “chopping it like it’s hot”, “Whipping it, whipping it real good”, or “letting the good times roll,” we are sure to have fun making new recipes and trying new things…not to mention we have already tested these recipes out for you, so you know it’s bound to be good!
Grab your apron, a cocktail or drink of choice (Check out our Thirsty Thursday recipes) and let’s get started!
As intimidating as it may seem, it is really quite easy to put together the perfect summer meal.
- 2 ounces rice vermicelli
- 8 rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
- 8 large cooked shrimp - peeled, deveined and cut in half
- 1 ⅓ tablespoons chopped fresh Thai basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 leaves lettuce, chopped
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped peanuts
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Boil rice vermicelli 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place 2 shrimp halves, a handful of vermicelli, basil, mint, cilantro and lettuce, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chili sauce.
- In another small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
- Serve rolled spring rolls with the fish sauce and hoisin sauce mixtures.
- Bon Appetite!
Printable and Pin-able Recipe Card!