This week in the kitchen, we are whipping up another tasty recipe. Whether you are cooking for the family, hosting a party, or just need a quick meal idea, you can always find simple, mouthwatering recipes RIGHT HERE. So whether you are “chopping it like it’s hot,” “Whipping it, whipping it real good,” or “letting the good times roll,” we are sure to have fun making new recipes and trying new things. Not to mention we have already tested these recipes out for you, so you know it’s bound to be good!
Grab your apron, a cocktail, or drink of choice (Check out our Thirsty Thursday recipes) and let’s get started!
As intimidating as it may seem, it is relatively easy to put together the perfect summer meal. This is why we are teaching you how to make stuffed avocados! There's no cooking involved and they couldn't be easier and tastier!
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 ounces peeled cooked shrimp, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cucumber
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 medium firm ripe avocados
- Combine lemon juice, lime juice and sugar in a medium nonreactive bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add shrimp and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the bowl and discard liquid. Return the shrimp to the bowl and stir in cucumber, jalapeño, tomato, cilantro, oil and salt.
- Leaving the skin on, halve and pit the avocados. Top each avocado half with about 1/4 cup of the shrimp mixture.
- Bon Appetite!
Printable and Pin-able Recipe Card!